[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:43:52 +0200

On 2006-08-14 at 06:11:06 [+0200], Joseph Prostko <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I agree here, is this an icon contest or an icon discussion?  No, I'm not a
> prominent community member, but this is kind of bugging me.  If it is a
> contest, there should be ONE winner, if it's a discussion, there should be a
> picking and choosing.  I'd prefer a pick and choose for each icon type, but
> the fact that there is a contest suggests ONE and ONLY winner.
>
> I'm with Jorge on this.  Decide if it's a contest or a "discussion."

Alread decided, even before the "contest" was announced. We have made these
statements, or else we wouldn't have this discussion. We will (hopefully)
talk about all the submitted sets. I repeat: This is a form of brain
storming. There will naturally be a "winner", one set with the most positive
feedback. This does not mean, that we close our eyes to good ideas worth
picking up from the other sets. This is only natural.

Best regards,
-Stephan