[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:57:35 +0200

Hi Petter,

the rating doesn't work yet how I meant it. :-) On each area with the set's
name on the left, there could be a button "Rate this set". (Each set has this
button). When you click on the button, it will show a whole new rating area
below all the sets. The "current set" (the one where you pressed the button
"Rate this set") is highlighted. Maybe even moved to the bottom of all sets,
so that it is right above the "rating area". The rating area contains the
sentences that we wrote in the earlier emails. Each sentence has an
individual rating popup. I would propose a rating from 0-4 (instead of 0-6).
You can press the "Rate this set" button for each set, and the system
remembers your rating for each category of each set. You don't *have* to rate
each set, if you don't like. Additionally, there could be a rating popup
above all the categories "Overall rating:", and you can quickly set the
entire set to rating "3" in each sentence, then adjust some sentences to a
different rating.
Is this clearer now? (I know it is proabably much more work... I hope it's
ok.)

Maybe one more idea: Instead of the "Rate this set" button, you could also
keep the rating popup like it is now, only that rating there will show the
additional categories area below all the sets with the values of the popups
defaulting to the overall rating you gave. The set is still highlighted and
everything works as above. (It's just a way of combining the "Rate this set"
button with the "Overall rating:" popup.)

Best regards,
-Stephan