[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 18:26:50 +0200

Hi all,

turns out only a few days after its announcement, the Icon Contest is
already quite successful! I'm pretty happy about that actually, since I had
mixed feelings in the beginning. Some people have helped me with adding
suggested submissions. Other people have submitted original icons! Great!

I have put together an *overview* page. This is *not* the actual contest
page. So to see the submissions entered so far:

<http://www.yellowbites.com/icon_contest/>

I have no experience with putting together real voting pages... I would
appreciate some help from experienced web people here. Also getting it onto
haiku-os.org would be great.

We need:

* some kind of "anti-cheat" features
* option to toggle icon grouping by "size" or "submission"
* option to change the background color
* voting with optional comment maybe?

It would be great if we had the votig page ready on Haiku-OS.org by
September 1st. Is this possible? I will get back to coding now (improving
Icon-O-Matic, integrating the new icon rendering, etc).

Best regards and keep the submissions/suggestions comming! :-)
-Stephan