[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <czeidler@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 10:16:37 +0200

Everybody's icons, again today, look pretty much the same. I would like to see something that is as innovative today as Be's were back in 96. Everyone right now is using bright colors, gradient shading, cartoon style. I can't draw to save my life, but I think that something that stood out because it was distinctive and interesting would be worthwhile.

Michael

Maybe animated icons. For example icons which reacts an events like mouse over, clicks... This can be used to visualize for what a app is good for when you move the mouse on it... At every point this must used very wisely otherwise you have a very chaotic desktop ;-). Technical it is more difficult and I thing not a point for R1.