[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest

  • From: "André Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:28:45 -0300

Unfortunately that would definitely mean more space would be used and
the icon wouldn't fit the vnode, let alone fit the (current) 1280
bytes reserved for icon storage.

Perhaps there could be some sort of glow effect derived from the icon
itself when someone hovers the mouse pointer over it. I guess it would
be a little difficult to implement, as some sort of hinting for colors
and appropriate glow spots/paths would be needed. However, if done
correctly the effect can be very impressive -- and not corny :)

On 8/4/06, Clemens Zeidler <czeidler@xxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe animated icons. For example icons which reacts an events like mouse
over, clicks... This can be used to visualize for what a app is good for
when you move the mouse on it... At every point this must used very wisely
otherwise you have a very chaotic desktop ;-). Technical it is more
difficult and I thing not a point for R1.