[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:04:35 -0400

Sorry about that earlier post.  That's what I get for messing around with
Office 2007 Beta.

Michael Phipps wrote:
>Everybody's icons, again today, look pretty much the same. I would like to
see
>something that is as innovative today as Be's were back in 96.
>Everyone right now is using bright colors, gradient shading, cartoon style.
I can't
>draw to save my life, but I think that something that stood out because it
was
>distinctive and interesting would be worthwhile.

I have to agree with info on this one.  There isn't a lot more that can be
done graphic design wise that could be considered majorly innovative.  There
may be something interaction wise that be useful.  Of course, this would
involve more programming overhead.

Clemens Zeidler wrote:
>Maybe animated icons.

That's not really innovative since it has been done before.  There were
programs to animate icons on windows.
Also as Thom wrote it has been done on Amiga.

Curtis