[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:53:25 -0700

Hi Charlie,

Charlie Clark wrote:
Jorge, stop pretending Haiku is something it isn't namely any kind of organisation. Stop lobbying for bureaucracy! For financial and presumably IP reasons there is a body registered in the states so that donations can be handled tax efficiently for some; and there is an admin mailing list and IRC channel. But that's it, no constitution and no obligations to *anyone* just a bunch of programmers working on a common project with some people on the fringe providing some ancillary services. It's not perfect but it's low overhead and it works.
I am not pretending anything. I am fully cognizant of the fact that Haiku is small. Having said that, I do have the wish/desire that the project will grow beyond just a bunch of programmers, and I am trying to put forward ideas to help achieve that growth.

I don't blame you if you are happy with the status quo, but I do not have to like it.

Jorge