[haiku] Re: Haiku's SMP

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:54:17 -0700

I used the Chart benchmark because it was quick, simple and CPU intensive.
Only thing is that it supports 1 and 2 Threads meaning it's only good for
single and dual core benches & comparisons.

Chart is not good for testing quad core performance.  Require app with 4+ CPU
intensive threads.  Video encoder?

With a well written, multi-threaded, CPU intense app I would guess 85-90%
return from each additional CPU in Haiku - for at least upto 4 cores.  It may
even be closer to 95% but that is for benchmarks to show when Haiku reaches
late BETA.  Bruno said it best below.

Just wanted to show that Haiku currently supports SMP and seems to do very well
at it.