[haiku] Re: Haiku's SMP

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:54:05 -0500

Nick wrote:
Haiku supports SMP and seems to work quite well.
On some systems SMP does not work - cause of motherboard chipset or bios - and must be disabled to boot Haiku. I did a simple and quick benchmark just to prove SMP is working in Haiku. On a dual core Atom system, with HyperThreading disabled & 1024x768x16 VESA mode - I ran Chart and recorded the results you see below. I used Pulse to turn the 2nd CPU core on & off.
So Haiku runs pretty well on the Atom 330 does it? Can it get 24 or 32 bit color @ 1024x768? Any problems that you've noticed? I think I'm going to put forth the effort to put together an Atom box for Haiku in the coming weeks.

Raymond