[haiku] Re: Haiku's SMP

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:14:11 -0700

> If someone can come up with a BeOS R5 libpthreads implementation then> I can
> port the 3ivx multithreaded encoder to BeOS> > -- > Cheers> David
Bernd, from yT, said they had a newer pthread library for Zeta - included in
Zeta 1.5, 1.21 ( & 1.2? ).  You're not going to find anything for BeOS unless
you do it yourself.

Read this forum post for additional info:
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/does_haiku_core_development_have_a_pthreads_package_yet

There is a link to the Zeta pthread library source which I posted there but it
no longer seems to work.  Maybe you can contact website to gain access to it.
Also, you'll find a link to Haiku's pthread implementation but it gets included
in libroot instead. ( maybe you can build it as pthread library? - this would
be ideal but would have to be adapted for BeOS ).

Search for pthread:
http://www.zeta-os.com/cms/custom/produkte/changelog15.txt

Above link will show what Zeta's new pthread library added support for.

Regards,