[haiku] Re: Haiku's SMP

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:34:35 -0700

Make sure you get the dual core Atom 330.  I am very happy with it.

It handles 1024x768x32 and even worked with 1280x1024x32 in VESA mode which
works pretty good.
You get HyperThreading - shows up as 4 CPUs ( can turn this on or off )
Realtek 8111 Gigabit Ethernet ( supported very well by Haiku's native rtl8169
driver )
Supports 2GB of RAM.

Issues:
1) VESA video mode works great but Intel_extreme video driver does not work.  I
filed a bug report and hopefully gets fixed.
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3149
2) Comes with integrated high definition audio.  Appears to be supported by hda
driver which is currently under development - no sound/music until hda driver
is included in haiku image.
3) non-ahci sata controller.  Haiku's sata drivers do not work - hang system.
You can still use sata by changing from native to legacy mode in the bios (
seems a little slower ).  Haiku is installed on pata drive for me but I'm able
to mount, read and write to partitions on my sata drive when bios is set to
legacy mode.