[openbeos] Re: Bounties

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:46:17 -0700

On 7/18/07, Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just seem to have a hard time engaging anyone at Haiku. I think the admins
and devs have enough to worry about.

I *really* don't want to start another mailing list argument, but this
bothers me a bit. When you say "engage" are you referring to simply
getting a response? Or rather, are you referring to getting agreement
from the admins with your ideas?

This clarification is important to me because if you're not getting a
response, then someone is dropping the ball - or some technical
problem is preventing your communication from getting through. If on
the other hand you're simply not getting agreement from the admins
with your ideas, then that's an altogether different story and I'll
immediately step out of this discussion as I don't intend to argue
either side of it.

I bring this up because I *know* that you were supposed to be
contacted about the Haiku Compatibility list (as it was allowed to be
mentioned publicly in the admin meeting summary) - and the same admin
meeting included a discussion about bounties again - with no firm
decisions made. I have to assume that you would have been engaged for
both of these topics simultaneously - but I could be wrong:

http://haiku-os.org/blog/umccullough/2007-05-30/haiku_admin_meeting_summary_may_28_2007

I'm mostly interested in whether everyone has performed their due
diligence here. If not, then I guess it's merely unfortunate at worst
- but it does bother me personally.

- Urias