[openbeos] Re: Bounties

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:41:43 -0400

On 7/19/07, Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The mechanism is in place... And collecting as we speak.

Indeed. And I am actually *shocked* how much the SATA drivers bounty
has collected in only a few days. I must admit it makes me curious to
look into that bounty as that amount is nothing to sneeze at given
that someone would probably eventually do the SATA drivers for free
anyhow.

Of course I personally have plenty on my plate and drivers aren't
exactly my area of expertise, but regardless I can start to see how
the bounties can be useful motivators.

In addition they provide a good measure of what the community wants.

Btw, I hope you endorse/link the bounty project somewhere on Haiku's site.
I'm doing this for Haiku and the community. When you think about it, Haiku
has already endorsed a 3rd party bounty system - that's called GSOC. I would
hope Haiku affords the same opportunity to other 3rd party community
members!

I for one think this would be a good idea too.

Ryan