[openbeos] Re: Bounties

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:50:12 +0200 CEST

"Karl vom Dorff" <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm simply referring to getting a response to the question about what
> bounties would be suitable; that's it! Actually, it's not even the
> mailing
> list, it's the general public, members of Haikuware, whatever. It's
> just
> hard to get people together to talk about something, let alone do
> something
> (this was in reference to Jonas' idea).

What kind of bounties are suitable or not is something we can come up
with over time - first we need to have the mechanism to deploy them in
the first place.
And then I would like to have Haiku endorsed bounties as well as ones
started by the community, wherever they seem fit. There just needs to
be clear distinction between the two.
We could have a general bounty fund that Haiku would use to start
bounties from (to have a price tag from the start), and which is either
going to be filled directly, or by community bounties that couldn't be
realized over a specific period of time.

Bye,
   Axel.