[haiku] Re: Booting Haiku PPC

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:48:07 -0700

> I was just pondering on this also, I recently acquired a G4 Apple
> QuickSilver 2001 machine for cheap and would love to try and get Haiku
> compiled for PPC. Compile environments for this machine when i receive it
> could be OS X or Ubuntu 8.10 PPC,  not sure what to use yet.

I just cross compiled Haiku for PPC with GCC 4.

I used x86 Ubuntu to build on.  Very easy to do things with Ubuntu.

Here is the link to the zipped haiku ppc image:
http://www.steekr.com/n/50-17/share/LNK45054933049abffe7/

I do not have a PPC so I can not test it out. Just for fun, feel free to
try it out yourselves and see how it works.

What I found interesting is that 7765 targets were built.  Compared
to x86 gcc4 haiku image which is somewhere around 9600.  Not bad.

...found 58875 target(s)...
...updating 7765 target(s)...
InitScript1 generated/haiku.image-init-vars

Unmounting ...
...updated 7765 target(s)...