[haiku] Re: Booting Haiku PPC

  • From: "Alan Burkes" <firstakir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:49:26 -0800

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Pegasos OF is also broken in many ways. I think the best way to
> work around all these issues is to use the floppy boot mode for PPC
> always....

Argh. This upsets the perfectionist in me. I simply cannot believe
that it isn't possible to use OpenFirmware to boot Haiku.

But then again, Making Haiku more OF-Friendly would probably require
changes in the Kernel, making so much more work needed, so it doesn't
seem practical.

(This is how I get when I'm upset that I don't know enough about
low-level hardware workings. It's very Frustrating.)