[haiku-inc] Re: RFC: additions to Trademark policy

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:31:03 +0000

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 05:40, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, for example, a HUG selling their own Haiku t-shirts at conferences where
> they represent Haiku and using the revenue to pay for the expenses of
> attending the show is alright IMO.

This needs to be explicitly granted by the owners of the trademark.
This is not to say that only the NPO will be aware or part of the
discussion, rather that the owners are the only ones who can give the
official seal of approval to those requesting to use it.

In general, I don't see issues granting that permission particularly
to known groups within the project. However, this is something that
needs to be regulated in order to ensure that the owners of the
trademark are fully aware of who and how the trademark is being used.

--mmadia