[haiku-inc] Re: RFC: additions to Trademark policy

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:24:46 -0700

Matt Madia wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 17:07, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One would think that an RFC would be that mechanism, but when reading some
the responses and the dictatorial "if you don't like it stop contributing"
position that some here seem to hold, it is quite obvious that the NPO/devs
have already made up their mind of what it's going to be, and th rather than
a real RFC this is more like an RFA (request for agreement).

See... this is where you are blurring things.

The RFC for this drafted policy is accurate.

You are twisting the conversation from providing feeback on the
drafted trademark policy*1 into another "Haiku Inc Powers?" thread.

I am not twisting anything. I keep bringing up the issue of Haiku Inc. because it is intrinsically related to the issue at hand.

The latter part is where you are being asked to either accept it and
continue making much-appreciated contributions or for you to make a
personal decision on you involvement in the project.

No, this is where you and a few others want me to stop talking about the fact that the devs and the NPO are one and the same. It's a facade.

The point from you and Ingo about my personal involvement is now duly taken.

Regards,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net