[haiku-doc] Re: Another try at user guide translations

  • From: Vincent Duvert <vincent.duvert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:17:31 +0200

Le 18 oct. 2009 à 17:06, Humdinger a écrit :

Hi Vincent!

One question: Did you also implement generating a contributer list for
the header of each assembled HTML? I.e. something like "Original
authors: %names-of-english-version%" and "Translation by: %names-all-
block-translators%".
Or do you track contributions in some table, as we discussed a while
back?

Header generation is not implemented ATM, but the log system already keeps track of all contributions, so this should be easy to do (and can be done later).

We still need a style guide for every language, like I posted for
German a while back. It doesn't have to be long and complete, as it
will be extended over time, I bet.
I will probably write one for French, unless someone beats me to it ;)

For now, I'd like to have a link to it from the translation panel.
Later it will probably be put into a wiki.
ATM there is a link in the panel which opens "[translate tool url]/ guide/[lang_code].html" in a new browser window. It does not allows editing though, so someone with FTP access to the website will have to send the guidelines manually.

Regards,
Vincent