[haiku-development] Re: R1A3: Image types to release?

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 19:49:28 +0100

Curently anyboot does not works (except for some few PC).
IMHO : burning-applications are not guilty. however the MBR-code is.

A fix exists
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3441#comment:21
 but it needs to be commited...

Regards

I like when things are simple. A single image for everyone would be the simplest solution. I think Anyboot does just that and replaces both raw and iso images.

As mentionned above, there are two problems :
* The image is too big : I think this was fixed by stripping optional packages debug infos, newer builds from today should be better ? * The MBR problem in some cases. My computer seems to work fine (I'll test again to make sure). We're looking for more reports on the new MBR code by starsseed, I'd really like to get it at least as an option in alpha3. Can anyone else comment on results with it ? Not that I don't thrust starsseed, but I'd like some external advice :)

--
Adrien.