[haiku-development] Re: R1A3: Image types to release?

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:22:34 +0200

Hi,

I made a HAIKU USB stick using the anyboot image for alpha3 using the
instruction for MAC OS X on
https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/installing/making_haiku_usb_stick. It
didn't boot on the HP Compaq 6000 EeS the screen is black and stay
that way.
I wondered if I did something wrong so I decided to make it again and
one for the alpha2 release as well using an identical USB stick. This
image boots the R1A2 correctly, the R1A3 still blackened the screen.

Maybe https://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/42104 has something to do
with this as is https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4408

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3441
@Andre Braga
>Mind testing the updated loader(s) I attached to ticket #3441? That one has
>the GPT features back in, and one of the four variants should indicate what
>was the necessary change (assuming the original anyboot MBR code from FreeBSD
>fails on your hardware).
I wouldn't mind but I am afraid I don't know what to do exactly to add
these to "my" image of alpha3.

Regards,

Arnold