[haiku-development] Re: R1A3: Image types to release?

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:26:19 +0200

> Black screen might be a new video driver that wasn't available in alpha2
> that now support your hardware but has a problem.  Did you try using fail
> safe video mode in the boot menu? (hold shift on boot)
>
> Alex

Hi,

Holding shift key down brings the haiku boot loader up. (So it is
booting from the USB stick)

>I guess the HP has an Intel gma chipset. I've seen a similar problem on
>various (older, though) HP machines with that video  chipset. Entering the
>boot menu and selecting a fitting video mode would fix the problem

Choosing another resolution gives me a flash of the normal bootscreen,
then a lot of pages paging through the log and then in the end ...
there is a black screen :0)

I will try playing with some settings given the chance here.

Regards,

Arnold