[haiku-development] Re: R1A3: Image types to release?

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 22:26:04 +0100

Hi, I just made an USB stick with R1A2 on it and tried this at work.
The PC (a HP thingy so pretty common I guess) I use there now boots
HAIKU like a charm. The image could have been a little bigger, there
is now over 3GB unused space on my USB-stick ;-) (Though writing the
image to de stick took longer than my patience). I am reluctant to try
anything like using the network let alone internet and I get bored by
spinning teapots quickly these days. Would be nice to be able to plug
in an extra stick with additional programs and just diskspace to mess
around with.

since the anyboot image has a partition table, you can create a partition on the free space using drivesetup. Then you can add whatever you want there. This way you can even update the system without touching your user partition.

--
Adrien.