[haiku-development] Re: HaikuPorts logo

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:39:59 -0700

BTW, attached are the logos that I created for the ports site, and that I sent to the BePorts mailing list.

Koki

Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) wrote:
Hi Brecht,

Brecht Machiels wrote:
Hello,

the HaikuPorts project is in need of a logo that would mainly serve as a
heading for the webpages (soon to be moved to
http://ports.haiku-files.org). As the project's main focus is now Haiku,
it seems logical to me to pick a logo that has some resemblance to the
Haiku logo. However, I understand that you might not want Haiku to be
implicitly associated to a third-party project that is effectively
independent of the Haiku project.

Would it be OK if the Haiku logo was used in a HaikuPorts logo? Or if
the HaikuPorts logo would share the same style as the Haiku logo (for
example, the leaves).

I already responded to you on this matter on the BePorts list, but I will repeat it here in case you did not understand.

If HaikuPorts were to became an official part of the Haiku project, then using the Haiku logo would be acceptable. If you would like to take that course, please ask the devs on the development mailing list (personally, I think it would be a good thing, but it is the devs' call to make).

If an agreement is reached and the decision is made to officially make HaikuPorts part of the project, then we would put together a logo that follows the templates that we have created to preserve the visual integrity of the Haiku mark and the brand.

Otherwise, you would have to use an alternative logo, such as the one that I created or another one of your liking.

In the meantime, I would appreciate if you please removed the Haiku logo from the site.

Regards,

Koki

PNG image