[haiku-development] Re: HaikuPorts logo

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 22:31:56 -0400

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)
<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW, attached are the logos that I created for the ports site, and that I
> sent to the BePorts mailing list.

Those look good. I think it is important that projects associated with
Haiku develop their own unique visual identities, even as tempting as
it may be to borrow elements from the rather nice Haiku visual
identity. We eventually want a thriving community with many varied
projects and pieces of software and it would get pretty boring if
their websites and logos all looked the same.

I think the many varied Haiku vector icons, our BeOS heritage and the
general concepts behind the idea of haiku poems provides plenty of
inspiration, without anything from Haiku itself having to be directly
copied.

Ryan