[haiku-development] Re: HaikuPorts logo

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 22:38:40 +0200

Hello,

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 18:29 -0700, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) wrote:
> I already responded to you on this matter on the BePorts list, but I
> will repeat it here in case you did not understand.

I am sorry, but it was you yourself who referred me to this mailing
list! Can I take it then that your statement is representative of the
view of the Haiku team?

> If HaikuPorts were to became an official part of the Haiku project, then
> using the Haiku logo would be acceptable. If you would like to take that
> course, please ask the devs on the development mailing list (personally,
> I think it would be a good thing, but it is the devs' call to make).

What would be the practical consequences of HaikuPorts becoming an
official part of the Haiku project? If it's just an empty construct to
solely enable the use of the Haiku logo, it seems a bit silly to me :)

> Otherwise, you would have to use an alternative logo, such as the one
> that I created or another one of your liking.

The logo with the app icon seems to be popular (I like it too). I
suggest we make use of that one. I agree with Andreas to make "ports"
bolder however.

However, I assume that the app icon is also Haiku property? Is it OK to
use it in the HaikuPorts logo?

Regards,
Brecht