[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:15:51 -0500

On Jan 25, 2013 5:39 PM, "John Scipione" <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just because BeOS did it doesn't make it good UI, besides I've already
> listed the reasons a few times, ergonomics, discoverability,
> consistency. LMB has one meaning with different contexts, it performs
> actions, the role of the RMB is to pop context menus, each button has
> one fundamental meaning -- that is GUI 101.

You keep repeating this, but it simply isn't the case, this across the
decades have had widely diverging ideas of what the buttons should do. You
keep eagerly wanting to throw out BeOS ideas because they aren't the same
as the model you've arbitrarily decided is the best, but as this never
ending thread shows, you're quite alone here, and more or less everyone
else likes them and wants them to stay.

Regards,

Rene