[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:31:12 -0500

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> At the moment the resize edge is 32px wide although I'm not committed
>> to that value I just picked it out of the air.
>
> There is probably some clever way to find the optimum value through
> some user testing. Also it might even make sense to scale it based on
> screen size (increasing it for larger screens.) But for now that is
> probably fine.

Well, another solution might be to make the resize edge proportional
to the window size so large windows have big resize edge areas and as
you shrink the window size down you also shrink the resize edge
smaller and smaller until when you have a really small window the
resize edge is just a few pixels.

However In my experiments with Tracker a 32px edge worked pretty well
even at the minimum window size, you had enough room to resize and pan
the window comfortably even though the window is too small to display
any useful content.