[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:23:25 +0100

Ingo Weinhold, on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:43:57 +0100:
> Unless one has a huge window to resize, the resizing sectors aren't
> that big,
> and moving the mouse blindly while looking at the borders doesn't
> work that
> well. When looking at the mouse cursor, a subtle border highlight is
> too hard
> to discern (unless the window is tiny and one sees both mouse cursor
> and
> borders clearly at the same time anyway) and the eyes have to flick
> back and
> forth between cursor and borders.

If people focus on the mouse pointer (which sounds reasonable), maybe
we could do away with the border highlightling and use different mouse
pointers when CTRL+ALT is held instead. Like showing small bars around
the pointer according to the to be resized borders. The mouse hand
itself could turn into a "move" symbol. Left-clicking would then only
show the "move" pointer, right-clicking only a corresponding "resize"
pointer.
(Care must be taken that pressing CTRL+ALT reveals the mouse pointer
when it's hidden over a text view and the move/resize pointer overrides
the text-input pointer.)

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette