[haiku-development] Re: Ctrl+Alt window management functionality

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 23:03:24 +0100

John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you press ctrl+alt the window edges get highlighted to show the
> resize edges but a LMB click does a move which I find confusing. What
> should happen is when you push ctrl+alt all 4 sides of the window
> should highlight. When you push the LMB down the mouse pointer should
> turn into a 4 direction arrow indicating a move.

Sounds good.

> I also think that a RMB drag to resize is a little strange. I think a
> better solution would be to have another modifier key, I propose ctrl
> +alt+shift switch you into "resize mode" and then the current edge
> highlighting would be activated. The LMB then would be used to resize
> as the RMB does now.

The only problem with shift is that a shift-move will take the window
to the workspace when you switch during that move. So that combo is
already kind of used.
Other than that, I would agree that the highlight is more confusing
than helping due to the right mouse button resizing.

Bye,
   Axel.