[gps-talkusers] UK POIS

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:24:31 +0100

Hi all

The more I look at the UK POIs the more I worry about them!

I have been comparing notes with my wife's Tomtom and she is using the maps
that equate to Sendero version 5. Just looking at our local area I have
discovered that a large number of POIs are wrongly positioned. We have two
streets named Prospect Street in Reading and all the POIs relevant to Prospect
Street, Caversham, Reading
, have been moved to Prospect Street, Reading. Their postodes are totally wrong
and their details show the correct addresses but someone has changed their
Long/Lats.

We looked at Places of Worship in more detail. We found 8 withn 13.2 miles.
None of them were Christian. All the churches have disappeared in the current
maps. We have got everything else from synagogues to yoga centres.

I'm not sure what to do about it. There does not seem to be any scope for
general complaints on the TelAtlas site. The usage that these maps get should
mean that they are self-correcting but I don't think many people no how to, or
can be bothered to, submit corrections. I am also uncertain that TelAtlas take
any notice of correction that are submitted. I submitted a number of
corrections last year but none of them appears to have been actioned.

Steve