[gps-talkusers] Re: UK POIS

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter.bosher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:11:42 +0000

Hi Steve,

If I explore virtually from the Reading town POI, then I find 56 POIs in a radius of 200 feet, and 100 within 400 feet. and these are definitely from the 2014 sets, so I really wonder whether there might have been a problem during your installation. This is what occurred to me straight away because honestly I think these new sets are pretty good.

I've done a few road-trips since updating and not found a noticeable reduction, and I agree on how important a rich source of POIs is, so do let us know what you find. And what do others in the UK think?

Best,

Peter

At 17:44 27/03/2014, you wrote:
Peter

Hardly any POIS appeared on a journey from Reading to Exiter. Admittedly we
were on the M4 and M5 but I am used to seeing all kinds of things along that
route.

Around Reading there are very few POIs.

I have now reinstituted some of the 2013 POI files and am a bit happier.

The POIs in the UK certainly need to e sorted out as there are a great many
duplicates and redundant POIS on the 2013 maps.

Steve