[gps-talkusers] Re: UK POIS

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:12:53 -0400

That file is there to tell the system to prompt for country instead of state for the address search.

--
/Currently at Mystic Access Mostly Clear, Light Snow 18.0°F(-7.8°C)
Wind:W (260°) at 10mph (9KT)/

**
**
**

On 3/23/2014 2:06 PM, Steven Bingham wrote:
Hello all

With apologies if this has been discussed already but I haven’t been
paying much attention lately. A quick scan back through recent messages
did not reveal any related subject but I could easily have missed it.

Since loading the new 2014 version of the UK maps I have noticed a great
reduction in the number of POIs has something changed or have I
forgotten to download a file.

After trialing the new software and maps on a trip I have re-downloaded
the maps but all the files seem to be the same so nothing has been updated.

I noticed that one file named UK.cou has a file size of 0kb and was last
updated in 2010 is this correct or is it something that should have been
deleted.

Any help would be appreciated as I miss the POIs a lot and their absence
takes away a lot of the interest from journeys by car.

Steve

---
is active.

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.