[gmpi] Re: Requirements sections 3.4 and 3.5

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:44:45 -0800

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:13:37PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> > What you're missing (though you like to focus on it) is the end user
> > experience.  As an end user, I don't have 15 GHz available.
>
> seems you mysunderstand me here. read me again please. I just explain that
> this concern only some plug-in , that's all.

> Don't ask me to think about a knob that will be used by 0.0001% of the
> users, and that will be in the future completely useless.

You're missing the point, still.  Yes, it only affects some plugins, but it
affects the user of those plugins.  It's silly to have to remember to change
the quality level to 100% when I go to render a track, that should be
automagic.

So, as proposed it is a feature of the API that if you don't need in your
plugins, then don't implement it.  If other people want it in their plugins,
the host will be able to recognize it and treat it commonly.