[gmpi] Re: Requirements sections 3.4 and 3.5

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:36:48 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 5:25 AM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Requirements sections 3.4 and 3.5

Ok, i'm agree to communicate these informations to the plug-in
- real time or not.
- offline or online
but that's it ! the plug-in will have to decide itself what to do.

> > say also) the Quality Knob (wich can be a number of band, a factor
overlap,
> > an order, a depth parameter etc...) is requiered only for plug-in who
eat
> > CPU power , and it's better to let the plug-in take care about that and
> > named that with the good word to let the user decide what to do...
>
> I agree with that EXCEPT that it should be possible to tell plugins "this
is
> a full quality render - ignore any scale-backs.

the problem is that some kind of "quality" knob can be considered as an
effect by the user. To use a vocoder or a convolution algorythm in cheap
mode can also be interesting in some production to create special effect.
why to oblige the High quality mode for finalizing ? again a concept from
programmer i'm affraid.

VB