[gmpi] Re: Requirements sections 3.4 and 3.5

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 05:32:51 -0800

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 06:18:58PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> > Why?  Have you never been in a spot where you want to use a plugin, but
> you
> > don't have enough realtime power to run it full-tilt?
>
> today it does not make really sens...
>
> people don't buy a system to use it in low quality mode.

If that is true, why do so many high powered plugins provide a control that
does exactly this?

I know, myself, I always forget to go through and set them all to highest
quality when I render.  Providing an option allows plugins that care to
lower their needs in some modes, while not penalizing plugins that don't
care.

My computer is massively fster than my PC was 2 years ago, and yet the
plugins are more massively powerful, too.