[gmpi] Re: Requirements

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:32:06 -0500

>> > REQ 72 : why going against the system !?
>>
>> Eh?  This is a REQUIREMENT for UNIX systems.  Users are non-privileged.
>
>we don't care of unix actually, no audio pro guy is working on. remind the
>99-1 rule (be focus on  99% , do the 1% rest if you can... Actually the
>audio software industry like to do the opposite, you see the result ! :-)))

a) during the requirements gathering process, we have already
established that GMPI will support *nix systems please don't be rude
and speak for the GMPI process when what you actually mean is "i don't
care of unix actually".

b) mac os x is a UNIX system. do you not care for mac os x either?

c) if you seriously believe that when longhorn comes out (whenever
that may be) that regular users will have "admin" priviledges, then
you haven't been reading what bill and his band of merry henchmen have
been saying at comdex and elsewhere over the last 6 months.

d) you need to talk to more people in the industry. interest in moving
away from the control that MS and Apple have over the destiny of all
audio software companies is growing. yamaha see it, which is why their
keyboards and workstations will be running linux within the next
year. many other companies sense the issues as well.

--p