[gmpi] Re: Reqs draft

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 23:36:04 -0800

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 08:13:34AM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
> > Every time I add hardware or software it grows.  But it never shrinks.  I
> > can pull all the add-ins out of my PC and de-install all the software and
> > the registry never gets smaller.  I call that broken.
>
> never got problem under windows because the registry.

Completely OT, but you're the only person I ever met that has never had a
problem with the Windows registry.

> > If the requirements said that you get meta data from the DLL by calling
> the
> > probe() method WHICH DOES NOT INSTANTIATE THE PLUGIN, would that be good
> > enough?
>
> yes, it's better, but i prefer a centralized list somewhere.

OK, tell me then, how a wrapper plugin works?  The requirement is that the
host sees wrapped plugins as if they were native plugins.  How do you handle
that when you have to have all plugins in the registry?