[gmpi] Re: Reqs TODO

  • From: "Frederic Vanmol" <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:02:52 +0100

> I guess the cost with relative timestamps, is the host needs to convert
them
> all in order to send to the plug, then convert them back when receiveing
> from the plug.

I'm being a bit selfish here of course, since in FL Studio events don't have
timestamps. So it takes more effort for me to convert to absolute timestamps
than to use offsets.

> So there is some cost either way.  I'm not too worried about which we
> choose, perhaps whatever is easier for plugin programmers?

Personally I find offsets easier for a plugin too. There are some plugin
types that benefit from absolutes, but in my opinion the majority does not
and would benefit from offsets more.

Frederic