[gmpi] Re: Reqs TODO

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:02:32 -0500

I have worked with Hertz, linear octave (1=octave, 8=middle C), char MIDI
key, and double MIDI key. The last is best because it is universal and
because everybody already knows what the numbers mean. It's usually
necessary to convert back and forth with MIDI and this obviously simplifies
that. Next best is linear octave because the octave relation is obvious.
Hertz is not so great because pitch is logarithmic wheras frequency is not,
so MIDI or octaves are a little more intuitive than frequency.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
CsoundVST, an extended version of Csound for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/