[gmpi] Re: NAMM follow-up, some major decisions to make

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:38:36 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Hockin" <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:08 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: NAMM follow-up, some major decisions to make

> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 07:03:15PM +0000, Angus F. Hewlett wrote:
> > >Before jumping that far into it, what I wanted to do was this:
> > >
> > Good idea. That will allow more essential design work to happen before
> > we get involved in arguments of pseudo-object APIs vs C-dispatchers, and
> > which style of braces and comments are best.
>
> Even those things are very fundamental.  A dispatcher based API has
> merits, but might not work.  An object API has merits, but is
> notoriously fugly in C.
>
> What I want to see is how each person thinks the API is cleanest and
> makes most sense - but I want to see what people think WITHOUT the
> influence of each other, first.

hello and happy new year to the GMPI !

Amazing ! an other year ! :-) did you see that the present is sounding more
and more like the future i described 2 years ago in a message of March 11,
2003... :-)

Well, the question is interesting API vs C-Dispatcher !? this sound like a
beginning ! :-) addition or substraction ? :-) true or not false !? :-)
Fromage ou dessert !? :-) ancestral dilemna ...

what can i say ? (for the single intelligent e-mail from me of the year !
:-), to program also means  to make choice according constraints. So you
first problem is to define the constraints, and to do that you need to
consider a real situation...

And what is a real situation !? ... for developers i mean ! :-)  let's think
about that... one year again :-).

regards
Vincent Burel