[gmpi] Re: NAMM follow-up, some major decisions to make

  • From: "Didier Dambrin" <didid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:05:11 +0100

NAMM follow-up, some major decisions to make

  > If that can make it unlinked from MIDI internally..

  Then... what?

  If GMPI is unlinked from MIDI then I can assure no major commercial vendor
will be very interesting in supporting.  MIDI matters in the real world.

Maybe, but thinking this way, we could as well do fine with VST.

And I didn't mean not 'talking MIDI' (in & out), but working with MIDI
internally, which is limiting things just like VST is limited.

Finally 'commercial vendors' will always be the last ones to support a
standard, because an emerging standard isn't a standard yet, so isn't
commercially viable. The standard would.. well first to become a standard & get
some respect, and that would be through independant plugin devs who'd get
another kind of interest in it.