[gmpi] Re: 3.9 (draft) use cases and stuff

  • From: "Michael Stauffer" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:30:00 -0500

>> >What does the host use tempo for?  To control plugins.  The
>host itself
>> >doesn't care about tempo, really.
>>
>> The host will care about tempo if it's also a sequencer of
>any kind, like
>> Cubase, Sonar, etc. Or maybe it's a VJ app that hosts plugins
>for audio
>> but can use tempo to sync the video clips and effects to the
>audio/midi
>> from the plugs.
>
>I guess.  I still think of those things as plugins. :)  At least,
>plugin-like.

I see what you mean. Looking at the functionality in a modular way.
Still, a host developer is going to view it very differently if GMPI says
plugs can control tempo only of other plugs, vs tempo of other plugs
_and_ the host. Or am I wrong? Any host developers available who could
comment?

Cheers,
Michael