[gmpi] Re: 3.9 (draft) use cases and stuff

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:02:21 -0800

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 02:55:50PM +0100, Chris Grigg wrote:
> I assert that if I have a plug-in, and it plays a stored MIDI
> sequence, which loops, so that the duration is infinite, then I can
> still call it a sequencer plug-in.  For that case, your assertion
> fails at or near 'All'.  Loops are not a pathological case, they're a
> common case.

So a locate into a loop-player is effectively a modulo operation.  Which
means that it does not have a sequence-length to report.  Or something.

> Forget about the GUI position widget already.

I hate forgetting about things without some adequate closure.  I'm fine with
agreeing that we do not intend to support this, or we'll deal with it
later.  I'm not fine with ignoring it.

But yes, let's close this for now.  Back to tempo and meter :)  We're
getting there.  I'll go re-work y notes and see if I have anything more
concise to say, or if I just need to let my last email on tempo/meter sit
and ferment.

Tim