[geocentrism] Re: The Big Bang

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jandj.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:08:36 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glover, Rob" <Rob.Glover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 10:38 AM
Subject: [geocentrism] Re: The Big Bang

Rob said regarding increasing entropy:
> " There are other ways of phrasing it, but the crucial element is 'closed
system'.
> However, they neglect the fact that the Earth is not a closed system. The
> Sun provides more than enough energy to drive things. If a mature tomato
> plant can have more usable energy than the seed it grew from, why should
> anyone expect that the next generation of tomatoes can't have more usable
> energy still?

But the Earth is not a closed system! Evolutionists get round this fact by
declaring that the required energy comes from the Sun. Can you explain just
how this undirected energy is responsible for increase in order? Your
example of a tomato is circular reasoning.

>Order from disorder is common in nonliving systems, too.
> Snowflakes, sand dunes, tornadoes, stalactites, graded river beds, and
> lightning are just a few examples of order coming from disorder in nature.
> None require an intelligent program to achieve that order

Are you seriously suggesting that the 'order' shown in the above collection
is the same 'order' that is exhibited by life? This level of order is
extremely complex and full of information. Hardly the same as lightning and
snowflakes!

> Argument from Personal Incredulity is a risky one to make, as It can lead
> you to all kinds of false conclusions. I find it hard to believe that
> anything can live inside the rocks of the Antarctic dry valleys, but it
> somehow does anyway! It should set off warning bells if anyone argues from
> start point of 'I find it hard to see..." or 'It is difficult to
believe'...

Well isn't this your position vis-a-vis an intelligent creator?
You mentioned experiments that demonstrated matter can be created from
energy. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it take a great deal of
intelligence, materials, and a whopping great big machine to achieve this?
Unless you can witness this transformation happening naturally (rather than
assuming it happened), it requires a great deal of intelligence.

Jack Lewis