[geocentrism] Re: The Big Bang

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:40:40 +1000

Rob, no particular point to pick on here, as most of your approach is almost
identical to my own. However, Do you really think a self acting reasoning
computer would need to find a label indicating an intelligent designer? pure
logic would insist that it know that because of its nature and composition
that it must have been made by design.

However I do not make this assumption as regards the universe.

There is so much accidental imperfection within the design. The universe in
its action is too much like a laboratory series of experiments, many of
which including Man fail.

As I said before the watch or the PC is no valid argument for the existence
of a God. It is a matter of revelation, (that is the label we have been
given, to those truly curious enough to seek it, and see it,) and it is then
a matter of faith, not science.

The real problem for science is the argument of the need for a first cause.
I do not accept that there is a need for a first cause. It may not be so cut
and dried.....  The inferior intellect, the inferior logic stumbles and
insists there has to be a first cause. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I
say that postulation does not compute.....

Neville looks like you will need to change the list name to something
else...  Genesis perhaps?