[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus

  • From: "Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:00:30 -0500

Neville,
Thank you for your follow up.  A couple questions:

1. Why can you say with a very clear and certain "yes" that God could
make me always speak correctly when I speak about mathematics, but you
give the extended, unclear answer below when asked if God could make me
always speak correctly when I speak about religious faith and morals.
It's simply a different topic.  Why the contradiction?

You are saying God can make man infallible in math (apparently without
contradicting Scripture), but then you say "Man cannot therefore be made
infallible without consequently contradicting scripture." [regarding the
faith and morals question]. So, no, I don't see why you "can't answer
the question".  Do you see your own contradiction?

2.  But then you do go on and apparently answer the question.  You say
God can "speak through" a man.  Given your Bible quotes, I understand
your answer to mean that when God does this, He would be speaking
infallibly through that man.  Correct?

(In other words, this answer is good enough for my line of inquiry and
logic, since I don't want to lose the point through minor
semantics---It's fine with me to say that God can make the man
infallible on matters of religious faith and morals by speaking through
him---Are you ok with this?).

3.  Will you consider this question.  Assume you had a close family
member (let's say, your son) who was critically sick and expected to die
in six months on account of the sickness.  You were told no one knows
for sure what the sickness is or how to treat it. A lot of people
offered some potentially dangerous therapies or drugs which they thought
might be a cure, although they all admitted they could be wrong and
maybe their treatment would kill him sooner (i.e. they admitted, like
you, that they were fallible).

Along came an institution which claimed to infallibly know what the
sickness is and that it's treatment would cure it (and in fact that it
had proof it had cured it many times before).  However, for whatever
reason, a lot of people told you this organization was no good (and you
had even read some of the stuff these people wrote and up till now
agreed with the others).

Since your son's life is on the line, do you take their opinions (and
your present opinion) and give him the potentially bad medicine or do
you diligently inquire into the actual first hand writings of that
organization to study its actual claim (i.e. not what the other people
say is its claim or the basis for its claim)?  In other words, the time
will never be more right to know the right answer.

Regards,
Nick.

  _____