[geocentrism] Re: Saul of Tarsus

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:22:20 +0100 (BST)

JA, my responses in green:

Allen,  your replies may be too long, but on the other hand I agree with you.
Attributing some books of the bible to "the evil one" is a new and extreme
position to take and needs alot of evidence to even begin to discuss such a
claim. In terms of the Law, God's morality for us never ceases or changes, but
the agreement between God and the Jews is over, Christians are his new chosen
people (not to say that god has no futher plans for the jews).

(N) You could not be more wrong:

(Jer 31:37 KJV)  Thus saith YeHVaH; If heaven above can be measured, and the
foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the
seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith YeHVaH.

(JA) I did not say that Jews were cast off or that God was through with them.
It does seem to read that way: the agreement between God and the Jews is over,
Christians are his new chosen people. Nevertheless, I apologise if I have
misquoted you. I believe that God upholds his promises even when men break
their part of the bargain. Agreed. But Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law.
God said do this, do that and that and I will provide a way for men to be
saved. Jesus was that way. It has been provided. Don't you believe Jesus' death
and resurection is the method of our reconcilliation with God? What need do we
have of sacrifcing an animal to God after Jesus' sacrifice? There is a big
difference here between the atonement for sin - offered once and for all - and
the Mosaic law. Hence, I do not need to sacrifice any creature now, no. But as
for your next question: Will God condem you if you eat a pork product? Yes.

As for authority, all is given to Jesus and he is the head of his church, which
happens to include all believers. There is no institution of men that holds
this place of authority. The eyes and heart should be focused on Jesus and not
on earhtly things, like any particular church.

(JA) ... If you would just present your evidence for your conclusions about
Saul, I'd be love to read it. It does go against everything I've ever studied
or been taught.

This is a fair and reasonable request and I hope to have some research up on
the website in the near future. In the meantime, please consider with an open
heart that presented at

http://quicksitemaker.com/members/disciples/custom.html

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with
Yahoo! Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos