Re: [foxboro] FBM230 and DH+

  • From: Donato Azevedo <donatoaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 17:59:06 -0300

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Donato Azevedo <donatoaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Johnson, Alex P (IOM)
> <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> To my knowledge, the KF adapter is required to (among other things) adapt to
>> the very different physical layer of the AB network.
>>
>> Since the FDSI FBM 230 supports only serial links something is needed to
>> bridge the gap.
>>
>> What's the issue with using the adapter?

Another doubt regarding the FBM230 is: Can I have one port interfacing
a DH+ network (via a KF2) and another port communicating with a Modbus
device? Or would I need two independent FBM230 for that?

The PSS says:
"The FBM230 has four ports - each can be
individually configured in software for RS-232,
RS-422 or RS-485. This provides a single FBM230
the flexibility to connect to multiple similar but not
identical devices."

regards,
--
Donato Azevedo