Re: [foxboro] FBM230 and DH+

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 07:45:45 +0900

As others have said, you can't have 2 drivers (Modbus and DF1/DH+) running
in one FBM.  If for some reason you really want one FBM talking to a PLC5
and a modbus device, consider using a Modbus image on the FBM230 and a
ProSoft InRax Modbus module in your PLC5.  Better yet, if your Modbus device
has Modbus/TCP capability, use the FBM232 to the Modbus device and an
Ethernet version of the ProSoft module in your PLC5.
We've just started using the FBM232 with Modbus driver and ProSoft
modules for comms with our PLC5s this way - so far it has a number of
advantages over other Foxboro and Rockwell offerings for PLC5.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell